Charlotte Injury & Criminal Defense Attorneys
Both criminal laws and personal injury laws are complex in North Carolina. Whether you face any type of criminal charge, or if you were injured due to the negligence of someone else, you need an attorney with the experience, skills, and support staff to provide the attention your case deserves. The attorneys and staff at The Law Office of Estwanik & May, PLLC provide the dedicated support you need.
Meet Our Staff
Charlotte injury lawyers
Dealing with the pain of any injury is difficult—but, when that injury was caused because someone else was careless, victims now face legal issues, as well. Whether your injuries are relatively minor, or if they are very serious, a Charlotte injury attorney from our firm has the experience needed to answer your questions and help you pursue full and fair compensation for all expenses. Our personal injury attorneys can help in many ways:
- Insurance claims: When injuries are relatively minor, we can negotiate with insurance adjusters to ensure your claim is paid to the fullest extent allowed under the policy.
- Out-of-court settlements: Even when injuries are more significant and future expenses are difficult to predict, a Charlotte injury attorney from our firm has the skills needed to negotiate with opposing attorneys to obtain fair settlement without the stress of a personal injury lawsuit
- Personal injury litigation: In many cases, full compensation for serious injuries or complex cases is best determined after a lawsuit is filed and in personal injury litigation. Our personal injury lawyers have the skills and experience needed to conduct effective injury litigation—and recover the award you deserve.
You can afford the services of our Charlotte personal injury law firm—we charge on a contingency fee basis—you pay no fee unless you win.
Charlotte criminal defense lawyers
Attorney Christopher T. May provides skilled support throughout the multi-step criminal processes in North Carolina. Our Charlotte criminal law attorney handles a full range of cases that include, but are not limited to, the following charges:
- Alcohol-related crimes
- Drug-related crimes
- Weapons and assault crimes
- Traffic crimes
- Court-related crimes
No matter how small the charges may seem—or even if you are innocent of all charges—you benefit by retaining an experienced criminal attorney from The Law Office of Estwanik & May, PLLC. Our Charlotte criminal defense attorneys make sure your rights are protected and make sure your case receives the attention it deserves.
Christopher T. May
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 704-754-8098
Christopher T. May is a trial lawyer who has tried numerous jury trials and resolved thousands of personal injury cases including a settlement for $669,000 for a motorcycle victim in 2008. He is also experienced in workers' compensation, DUI charges, criminal misdemeanors, traffic law and DMV issues. He is licensed in Florida and North Carolina.
Areas of practice
Admitted to practice
- North Carolina, 2001
- U.S. District Court, 2002
- Western District of North Carolina, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 2002
- Florida, 2000
- Florida Coastal School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 1999
- North Carolina State University, BA, Political Science, 1989
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- The Florida Bar
Joseph Estwanik IV
Position: Founding Member/Partner
Born: January 24, 1974 Deceased: September 8, 2009
Joseph Estwanik IV had an International MBA, spoke Spanish, maintained an FAA Pilot's License with three ratings, and was enthusiastic about motorcycles. Mr. Estwanik was also a Certified Scuba instructor and guide with a number of certifications.
Our multi-lingual staff is professional and ready to help.
Paralegal to Attorney Christopher T. May
Paralegal – Personal Injury, Workers Compensation & Criminal
Paralegal - Personal Injury & Workers Compensation
Currently pursuing her degree Paralegal Studies.
Se Habla Español
When you need an attorney that can help you with criminal law in Charlotte, contact The Law Office of Estwanik & May, PLLC. Our office is located in Charlotte and founding partner, Christopher May, is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and Florida.
The Law Office of Estwanik & May, PLLC represents clients over a wide geographical area, including the following cities:
We also provide legal support throughout the following counties: